What is a drip campaign?
A drip campaign is a series of time-based automated emails sent over a specified time to an email subscriber based on specific actions or account changes. You would use a drip campaign to nurture a relationship by sending separate emails at the right time in the customer’s decision-making journey.
What are the different types of drip campaigns?
The onboarding, aka welcome, email sequence
The cart abandoned email sequences.
The "Reengagement Email" drip campaign.
How do I make a drip campaign?
You’ll need three main things before you start a drip campaign: email marketing software, subscribers, and a goal. If you’re starting out building a drip campaign, here are a few ideas:
- A welcome campaign to offer subscribers more information on your product, service, company, or organization.
- A lead nurture campaign to periodically offer incentives for prospective customers to convert.
- A follow-up campaign to request feedback and reviews after a purchase.
- A campaign to wish customers a happy birthday and offer them a discount promo code.
Here’s how to set one up:
- Create a list of subscribers.
- Create the email messages you would like to send in the campaign.
- Select a trigger to start your campaign. With Helpmonks, you can trigger a campaign when you add someone or add or remove a label.
- Set up actions. Choose the message order and add periods in between so that not all messages go out simultaneously. (Depending on the campaign goal, you might want a day, a couple of days, a month, or even longer.)
- Save and start the campaign.
- Watch your metrics to see if you can optimize them for better engagement over time.
How does an email drip campaign work?
Email drip campaigns are made up of a trigger (the initial event that happens), actions (the email messages you send), and delay times.
First, an event happens that triggers the campaign. A possible trigger could be when someone signs up for a newsletter or gets added to a list. Or it could be someone purchasing your business.
Then, as long as you have set it up, your email marketing software will take action — waiting the predetermined amount of time and then sending each email message.
How many emails should be in a drip campaign?
An email drip campaign can have as many emails as you like, and you can set up just one thank-you email to go out after someone attends an event. Alternatively, you can set up a drip campaign with hundreds of emails that go out for years.
What is another word for drip campaign?
Drip campaigns can also be known as email marketing campaigns, marketing automation, sequences, or journeys. Depending on the platform you use to set up a drip campaign, it may have different names.